Sunday, October 5, 2008

My first ever blog post

I have been thinking on creating a blog about my picture framing adventures since about two years ago. Although I have been framing for around 5 years now, my picture framing journey is still in the beginning stages of what I envisage to be a lifetime passion, and I intend to make this blog an online record of my exploits on everything picture framing from my point of view, a humble picture framer.

Picture framing is a passion of mine, I regard it as an outlet of my creativity. It started out as a hobby, about 5 years ago. Initially I got all sorts of DIY picture framing equipment to able to frame my own stuff instead of having it done by professional picture framing shops. It was fine for about a few months, but realised that I couldn't get the quality that I expected (I regard myself a perfectionist), so I researched about professional picture framing equipment from other framers (they are such a helpful lot), as well as from the equipment suppliers, began investing in professional framing equipment, and started a part-time picture framing business on the side to fund my equipment purchases.

In my future posts, I will be discussing everything picture framing, from framing equipment, its use and recommendations, proper framing of artworks in accordance with international standards, my current framing projects, tutorials, framing business issues and much much more, so I hope you enjoy it as much as I am.

No comments: